Schools By Region
Career Guide - Philippine Education, Skills and Job Outlook
Hotel Reservations Officer Career Guide
Hotel Reservations Officer obtain necessary reservations for guest and clients; they make and confirm reservations for accommodation in hotels and other lodging places.
Hotel Reservations Officer Task
* Answer inquiries regarding such information as accommodations, procedures,
and policies ;
* Confer with customers to determine their service requirements;
* Contact customers to confirm reservations;
* Plan accommodation details;
* Prepare customer invoices;
* Provide customers with travel suggestions and information such as guides, directories, brochures, and maps;
* Gather and compile visitor statistics;
* Obtain current advertising literature from travel operators.
Hotel Reservations Officer Basic Educational Requirement
A Bachelors degree, preferably in Tourism or Hospitality Management is required.
Hotel Reservations Officer Skills and Competencies
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal
* Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology;
* Knowledge of circuit boards, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including application and programming;
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
* Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Hotel Reservations Officer Physical Attributes and Characteristics* Active initiative;
* Customer service-minded;
* Highly organized and have an eye for details;
* Patient and responsive to client's needs;
Hotel Reservations Officer Salary / Compensation
The monthly salary of Hotel Reservations Officers range from P15,000 to P19,000.
Hotel Reservations Officer Prospects for Career Advancement
Hotel Reservation Officers may be promoted to the next career or the job
level as middle managers or specialists after acquiring the required work
experience as well as the core competency requirements of the higher position.
Aside from technical skills, one must have the ability to manage organizational
Middle Managers can move further to a Chief Executive position if they have already acquired the demonstrated ability to lead large organizations and have tested competencies in finance, marketing, logistics, and people management.
Hotel Reservations Officer Employment Opportunities
The growth in tourism-related services will provide various employment
opportunities for the hospitality segment of the tourism sector. Included in
this segment are front office personnel specifically taking charge of hotel
Opportunities for overseas employment are also available given the increasing demand for tourism skills. The Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and the USA are major overseas destinations.
Hotel Reservations Officer Cost of Education
A degree in BS Tourism cost around P25,000 to P35,000 per semester.
* Based on tuition fee rates for school year 2007-2008