Certified Public Accountant
- May 2008
A - B - C -
D - E - F -
G - H - I -
J - K - L -
M - N - O -
P - Q - R -
S - T - U -
V - W - X -
Y - Z
1,268 new Certified Public Accountants pass
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
yesterday announced that 1,268 out of 4,651 examinees passed the Certified
Public Accountant (CPA) licensure examination given by the Board of
Accountancy in the cities of Manila, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao,
Iloilo and Legazpi this May, 2008.
The successful examinees who garnered the ten highest places are the
1. Kristine Arce Pineda, De La Salle University- Manila, 91.43 percent.
2. Raymund Francis Abuda Escala, University of the Cordilleras (Baguio College
Foundation), 91 percent.
3. Ryan Oliver Tiu Dy, De La Salle University- Manila, 90.86.
4. Ron Jeric Sarmiento Leonardo, University of the Philippines-Diliman, 90.43
5. Loudie Jay Canonoy Falguera, Saint Paulís Business School-Palo, Leyte,
6. Jonathan Tan Bino, De La Salle UniversityManila, and Lyn Lazarito Osano,
Mindanao State University - General Santos City, 89.71
7. Marvin Fang Chua, De La Salle UniversityManila, and Lyndon Pacalda Jabla,
Holy Cross of Davao College, 89.57
8. Charles Bryan Marinas Tan, San Beda College, 89
9. Jianessa Camille Domingo Diaz, De La Salle University-Manila, 88.86
10. Christopher Ryan Marina Tan, San Beda College, 88.57
The PRC said the results were released in one day after the last day of
On the Board of Accountancy which gave the examination are Atty. Eugene T.
Mateo, chairman; John S. Bala, vice chairman; and Froilan G. Ampil, Ma.
Elenita B. Cabrera, Lucila C. Tarriela and Rufo R. Mendoza, members.
The registration for the issuance of Professional Identification Card (ID) and
Certificate of Registration will start on June 3, 2008 and end on June 21,
2008. Those who will register are required to bring the following: duly
accomplished Oath Form or Panunumpa ng Propesyonal, current Community Tax
Certificate (cedula), two pieces passport size color picture withwhite
background and complete name tag, two pieces 1" x 1" colored picture with
white background and complete name tag, two sets of metered documentary
stamps, and one short brown envelope with name and profession, and to pay the
Initial Registration Fee of R600 and Annual Registration Fee of R450 for 2008
to 2011. Successful examinees should personally register and sign in the
Roster of Registered Professionals.
The oathtaking ceremony of the successful examinees in the May examination, as
well as passers of previous examinations who have not taken their Oath of
Professional, will be held before the Board on June 27, 2008 at 1 p.m. in the
afternoon at the Plenary Hall of the Philippine International Convention
Center (PICC), Roxas Boulevard, Manila.
The PRC listed the top performing schools in the May, 2008 Certified Public
Accountant Licensure Examination.
The top performing schools with 100 and more examinees are:
1. University of the San Jose-Recoleto, 100 examinees and 37 passers, for 37%
2. Saint Louis University, 222 examinees and 79 passers, for 36%
3. University of the East - Manila, 117 examinees and 33 passers, for 28%
Those with 51 to 99 examinees are:
1. De La Salle University - Manila, with 96 examinees and 76 passers, for 79%
2. University of Santo Tomas, 52 examinees and 36 passers, for 69%
3. University of San Carlos, 74 examinees and 34 passers, for 46%
Those with 26 to 50 examinees are:
1. University of Cebu, 32 examinees and 15 passers, for 47%
2. Mindanao State University - Iligan Institute of Technology, 30 examinees
and 13 passers, for 43%
3. San Beda College, 50 examinees and 20 passers, 40%
Those with 10 to 25 examinees are:
1. University of the Philippines - Diliman, 16 examinees and 15 passers, for
2. University of the Philippines - Iloilo, 21 examinees and 17 passers, for
3 Batangas State University, 15 examinees and 9 passers, for 60%.
Philippine Schools Online Directory
Copyright © 2001-2008 All rights reserved
For your comments/suggestions please contact