Schools By Region
Career Guide - Philippine Education, Skills and Job Outlook
Call Center Agent Career Guide
The Contact Center industry's workforce is led by Call Center Agents. A Call Center Agent answers all inbound and outbound calls in a professional, friendly and timely manner.
Call Center Agent Task
* Handle calls involving inquiries of all types; technical help desk; payment
authorization; order taking and fulfillment; complaints; customer service;
disputes; transcriptions, requests, sales and billing; and marketing.
* Responsible for verifying all customer information; documenting all pertinent information; and expected to trouble shoot each call appropriately in order to satisfy customer's request.
Call Center Agent Basic Educational Requirement
* 2-4 years college education in any course;
* ICT related course is required for technical support staff;
* Training in the following areas of competency:
* English Proficiency/Interview Skills
Inbound soft skills
- accent neutralization or accent reduction which is intended to help proficient English speakers speak with a more North American or British accent
- oral fluency and accuracy
- culture training
- customer service
- business writing
Sales and marketing (Product Training )
Call Center Agent Skills and Competencies* Good command of the English language, both oral and written;
* Computer proficiency particularly with reference to typing speed and navigational skills;
* Knowledge of Order Processing System, Database, Spreadsheet, Word * Processing and Internet Software;
* Oral & written proficiency in other languages such as Spanish. French, Mandarin, * Cantonese, Korean and Japanese is an advantage .
Call Center Agent Physical Attributes and Characteristics* Customer service-oriented;
* Willing to work on shifts;
* Strong organizational skills with attention to details; ability to exercise independent judgement.
Call Center Agent Salary / Compensation
* P10-25 thousand (P10,000 for starters and P25,000 for the multi-lingual agents)
Call Center Agent Prospects for Career Advancement
* A Call Center Agent with 1-3 years work experience and with supervisory and
leadership training can advance to become a Team Leader or Supervisor;
* Promotion to Middle Manager after 2 -3 years supervisory work experience plus training in business management, account management and project planning.
Call Center Agent Employment Opportunities
Some 98,332 new jobs will be made available for Call Center Agents over the period 2007 - 2010, or an average of 24,583 job openings a year.
Call Center Agent Training Programs
Finishing Course for Call Center Agents
Duration - 100 hours
Cost - P5,000
BPO Training Academy